740 Eglinton Avenue West, Toronto, ON
2001/2002 Exterior Brick Work and Caulking Repairs
Project Date: October – December 2001 - North Elevation; March 2002 - South Elevation
Project Location: 740 Eglinton Ave. West, Toronto, Ontario
Project Owner: Albany Courts Apartments Inc.; c/o Peer Property Management Inc.
Building Sciences Inc.
Mr. Nick Tassone, P.Eng.
221 Rayette Road, Unit 1
Concord, Ontario, L4K 2G1
Tel. 905-760-0869 Fax. 905-760-0873
Temporary Rigging Drawing and Inspection Report
Construction Control Inc.
Mr. Domenic Cugliari, P.Eng.
70 Haist Ave.
Woodbridge, Ontario, L4L 5V4
Tel. 905-856-5200 ext 258 Fax. 905-856-1455
Exterior Cladding Repairs
740 Eglinton Ave is 6-storey low-rise brick structure residential building.
This project started with the installation of hoarding, site protection, and covered walkways.
- Localized removal and replacement of damaged deteriorated brick masonry.
- Intensive re-pointing of deteriorated brick mortar joints (approximately 22,965 lineal feet were replaced in two phases).
- Wholesale replacement of sealant materials including cap bead installation at the perimeter of exterior sealed glazed units.
- Replacement of all rusted and corroded window sills (approximately 197 ln. ft).
- Preparation and repainting of all window sill assemblies and shelf angles.
- Water repellant application to all exposed brick surfaces of the North and South masonry walls.