30/40 Teesdale Place, Scarborough, ON
Building Envelope Restoration
Project Date: August 2001– December 2001
Project Location: 30/40 Teesdale Place, Scarborough, ON
Project Owner: Metropolitan Toronto Housing Corporation
Trow Consulting Engineers Ltd.
Mr. Todd Porter, B.A. Sc.
1595 Clark Boulevard.
Brampton, Ontario, L6T 4V1
A-Plus General Contractor
Mr. Peter Martins
18 Haster Ave.
Ajax, Ontario, L1T 4A8
Tel. 905-683-4072 Cell. 416-823-4821
Exterior Cladding Repairs
30-40 Teesdale Place is located in Scarborough. Two 22-storey high-rise residential buildings are brick structures with a concrete block backup –wall.
This project started with the installation of hoarding, site protection, and covered walkways.
- Concrete repairs at floor slab edges (700 sq. ft).
- Crack repairs (525 lineal feet of cracks were routed and sealed in exposed concrete).
- Localized removal and replacement of damaged deteriorated brick masonry (11,800 bricks replaced).
- Intensive re-pointing of deteriorated brick mortar joints (approximately 21,655 lineal feet were replaced).
- New retrofit wall ties installation (approximately 1,000 new retrofit wall ties and 75 lineal meters of new movement joints at brick crack location were installed).
- Localized sealant replacement (8,660 lineal feet of window perimeter sealant and 6,955 lineal feet of underside slab edge sealant were replaced)