49 Henry Lane Terrace, Toronto, ON
2001 Building Envelope Restoration
Project Date: July - August 2001
Project Location: 49 Henry Lane Terrace, Toronto, Ontario.
Project Owner: Metropolitan Toronto Housing Corporation.
Accent Building Sciences
Mr. Naji Hassan
1380 Hopkins Street, Unit 5
Whitby, Ontario, L1N 2C3
A-Plus General Contractor
Mr. Peter Martins
18 Haster Ave.
Ajax, Ontario, L1T 4A8
Tel. 905-683-4072 Cell 416-823-4821
Balcony Envelope Restoration
49 Henry Lane Terrace in Toronto is low-rise multi-unit residential building. The floor slabs extend beyond the building envelope to form balcony slabs. Balustrades are provided at the outside edge of the balconies. The balcony balustrades are masonry construction- brick masonry. In the summer of 2001 restoration of the North elevation of the building located at 49 Henry Lane Terrace, known as well as St. Michael School (two ground floors) due to existing conditions was required.
The 2001 project started in July with the installation of hoarding, site protection, and covered walkways.
- Concrete rehabilitation to all balcony surfaces.
- Preparation of all balcony surfaces.
- Wholesale sealant replacement around all windows, doors, expansion and control joints.
- Installation of thin waterproofing to the top two level balconies.
- Brick replacement (approximately 5,000 bricks were replaced), tuck pointing (approximately 15,090 lineal feet were replaced).
- Sheet metal installation (window sills replacement and installation of sheet metal copings on brick wall dividers).
- Repair and painting to all shelf angles with two coats of paint.
- Application of architectural coating to all balcony soffits.