245 Carlaw Avenue, Toronto, ON
Exterior Cladding Repairs
Project Date: October 2005 – June 2006; Phase I&II
Project Location: 245 Carlaw Avenue, Toronto, Ontario
Project Owner: Metropolitan Toronto Condominium Corporation No.1208.; c/o Wilson Blanchard Management Inc.
Building Sciences Inc.
Mr. Nick Tassone, P.Eng.
221 Rayette Road, Unit 1
Concord, Ontario, L4K 2G1
Tel. 905-760-0869 Fax. 905-760-0873
In July 2005 Albatech Building Restoration Inc. was awarded the two years contract to restore 245 Carlaw Avenue. 245 Carlaw Avenue is 5-storey low-rise residential building. This building used to be a factory. It was reconstructed later and converted to condominium.
This project started in October with the installation of hoarding, site protection, and covered walkways.
- Localized removal and replacement of damaged deteriorated brick masonry.
- Intensive re-pointing of deteriorated brick mortar joints (15,215 lineal feet).
- Miscellaneous sealant repairs.
- Concrete repairs of walls, columns, beams and windowsills.
- Repairs of cracks at concrete walls (3,180 lineal feet).
- Installation of new architectural coating at all concrete surfaces.
The project is currently in progress .The work is 90% completed. First phase of the project is completed. Second phase was completed by the end of June 2006.